Hi, I’m Jess. I am one of the few women photographers specialised in outdoor sports and social enterprises.
I grew up in advertising, travelling the world as a lighting- and digital assistant for many renowned photographers.
Here’s what I learned:
- How to park an 11m-Sprinter 10 cm away from a wall
- Surviving on very little sleep for a very long time
- How to optimise ALL workflows
- The true meaning of ‘n Boer maak ‘n Plan (necessity is the mother of inventions)
- Opening a box of pringles and casually placing them on the table can save the day
It’s also, counter to common belief, where I got my muscles from: by carrying heavy packs onto remote beaches or mountain lakes.